Wammu is mobile phone manager running on Linux, Windows and possibly other
platforms, where libGammu and wxPython works. The
communication is made by Gammu library. Currently supported features:
- complete support (can read/edit/delete/copy) for contacts, todo, calendar
- can read/create/save/send/backup smses
- sending files to phone (OBEX and Sony Ericsson phones only)
- sms composer for multi part smses (currently only text and predefined bitmap/sound can be edited)
- display message including pictures and ringtones playback
- support for backup and import in various formats (vCard, vCalendar, vTodo, iCalendar, gammu own backup,…)
- export messages to mail (IMAP4, maildir and mailbox storages are supported)
- searching for phone
- translated into several languages
- rated as best on many software servers
Wammu 0.38 has been just released. Bugfix release fixing wxPython compatibility and corrupted medata.
Published on Dec. 29, 2014 by Michal Čihař
Wammu 0.37 has been just released. Translation updates, bugfixes and few new features.
Published on Oct. 8, 2014 by Michal Čihař
Wammu is included in many distributions, so please use the binary packages if
applicable, it lowers risk of something going wrong during installation. You
can also dowload sources or binaries for
Wammu does not come with much documentation and there is hope that it will be
intiutive enough. You can check it's command line parameters in wammu man page.
Check also Frequently Asked Questions.